- The new Safari – Tata Motors’ flagship 6/7-seater SUV is poised to revolutionize the luxury and premium SUV segment. Since its inception in 1998, the Safari brand has enjoyed immense popularity in the Indian auto market with the Safari 2.0 setting high standards in the realm of powerful design, outstanding performance, enhanced safety, and exclusive features. The new Safari is now here to carry this baton ahead, becoming the flagbearer of the company’s ICE portfolio.
The new Safari is a compelling combination of technology and features that promises an unmatched driving experience. The refreshed interiors and exteriors with premiumized additions and various colourways are designed to cater to individual personas, offering Indian consumers a taste of luxury, performance and innovation like never before.
1st in segment features
- Welcome and Goodbye Signature Animation on Front & Rear LED DRL
- Connected End to End LED DRL in the Front
- 10 JBL Speakers with Advanced Harman AudioworX
- 19-inch Alloy wheels with Aero inserts
- 2nd Row Ventilated Seats
- Multi-Screen 26.03 cm Instrument Cluster with Navigation Display
- Touch based Central control Panel with multi functions
- Steering wheel with signature ‘Illuminated Logo’
- E-Shifter (AT only )
- Rear Door Sunshades
- Multi Mood Lights with Drive modes Sync – Mid Pad , Sunroof ,Door trims & Floor Console
- Bejeweled Terrain Response Mode Selector with Display
- Persona Based offerings and Exclusive Colorways & interior themes
- Comfort Head rest in 2nd row
- 45W Fast USB charger
Other key feature highlights
- ADAS with 11 Features
- Gesture Controlled Power Tailgate
- Dual Zone Fully Automatic Temperature Control
- 31.24 cm Harman Touchscreen Infotainment system
- Alexa Car to Home
- Voice Commands including Alexa supporting 250+ Commands in 6 languages
- Steering Mounted Paddle Shifters
- Bi-LED Projector headlamps
- Connected End to End LED Tail Lamps
- 360 Degree Surround View System
- Advanced ESP with 17 functionalities
- 3 Years /1 Lakh kms Warranty
A Persona for all
The new Safari is an ideal choice for individuals who exude sophistication and success, having long stood on the pedestal of achievement. It boasts of a unique design and is packed with features, cutting-edge technology, and luxurious comfort, not only for you but also for your loved ones. Departing from conventional models, the new Safari offers a selection of four distinct personas, elevating this premium offering to cater to diverse preferences and needs.
- SMART – Talented, Sharp, Quick Witted and Astute – An ambitious and intelligent individual who has recently embarked on his/her journey as an entrepreneur or corporate representative – who possesses a remarkable ability to navigate challenges with grace. This young individual is committed to a harmonious work-life balance.
- PURE – Pragmatic, Balanced, Minimalist and Authentic – A minimalist, pursues a life of luxury devoid of excess, striving to simplify the complexities of modern living. They wholeheartedly engage in a transformative journey that aligns with their deep appreciation for balanced living and the creation of meaningful moments.
- ADVENTURE – Courageous, Bold, Risk-Taker –Someone who revels in adrenaline-pumping experiences They perceive a transformative journey, as an exhilarating path to push their personal limits.
- ACCOMPLISHED – Driven, Future-Forward thinker – A person who actively pursues exclusivity and top-tier experiences, placing great importance on the transformative nature of their journey, which they closely connect with their personal path of achievements.
In addition to the Personas, the new Safari also comes with an exclusive #DARK Edition, A bold and a sophisticated offering for an individual who strategically acquires possessions and experiences that set them apart from the crowd. They remain steadfast in their willingness to explore new avenues, even if it means deviating from the ordinary and embracing a more exceptional path.
The new Tata Safari comes with a choice of seven paint color options – Cosmic Gold, Galactic Sapphire, Lunar Slate, Oberon Black, Stardust Ash, Stellar Frost and Supernova Copper.
The Safari is recognized as the embodiment of our customers’ aspirations and the brand’s capabilities. Keeping the same in mind, the front end is designed to create an impression of pride and confidence. The parametric grille with a persona based identity and its modern high-tech sophistication, optimizes airflow while concealing the engine compartment. The elimination of excessive chrome in favor of sustainable ‘Hot Foiling’ Technology underscores the marriage of luxury and eco-consciousness. At the front, the new Safari boasts of a full-width LED strip, vertically stacked headlamps, fog lamps, accentuating its width and presence. A refined “tiepin” detail with the ‘SAFARI’ branding separates the headlamp and fog lamp, showcasing exquisite craftsmanship.
The rugged SUV characteristics are underscored by the robust skid plate on the frontend, emphasizing Safari’s capabilities. The rear design mirrors the same sense of sophistication and ruggedness, with horizontal lines and vertical sculptural elements, lending it a commanding road presence. The meticulously crafted lights, combined with kinetic lighting design, create a distinctive light signature across the rear.
Safari’s premium off-road stance is enhanced by its unique, efficient, and sturdy wheel design, a result of collaborative design and development efforts. Inside, it offers a connected digital environment with a 31.24cm central infotainment screen, a 26.03cm instrument cluster, electronic touch controls, and a four-spoke phygital steering wheel, featuring an illuminated logo. The design prioritizes connectivity, comfort, and a premium atmosphere.
Soft-touch materials and understated accents inspired by luxurious Indian interior decor grace various interior elements. The instrument panel’s elegant stitch line enhances quality, while premium materials and finishes abound, including grab handles and seat fabrics.
Constructed upon the robust OMEGARC architecture, a derivation of Land Rover’s renowned D8 Platform, the new Safari stands as a bastion of safety. It boasts an extensive array of safety features, including seven airbags with the curtain airbags extending to the end of the third row, six airbags as standard, an Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) Suite with 11 vital functions (Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function (AT only), Autonomous Emergency Braking – Including Pedestrian & Cycle, Forward Collision Warning, Rear Collision Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Detection, Traffic Sign Recognition, Door Open Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Change Alert and High Beam Assist), Electronic Stability Program encompassing 17 functionalities, 3-point seatbelts for all occupants, and ISOFIX restraints. Furthermore, it offers connected safety features such as emergency (E-Call) and breakdown call (B-Call) assistance. The Safari ensures every journey is safe not just for you bit for your entire family, incorporating features like all-wheel disc brakes, a 360-degree surround-view system featuring blind-view monitoring, front parking sensors, a tyre pressure monitoring system, front fog lamps equipped with a cornering function, a rear view camera, and an array of other safety enhancements. The new Safari also gets a Passenger Airbag Deactivation Seat to protect your younger ones and seat belt reminders with 3 point ELR seatbelts for all in the family.
In Vogue Technology
The new Safari offers latest tech features like the slick 31.24 cm infotainment system by Harman, 26.03 cm fully TFT instrument cluster, Connected Vehicle Technology with iRA 2.0, which offers remote engine start stop and AC, 50+ connected and safety features with gamification, designed for the Indian customer. Furthermore, the Alexa Voice command ensures you are connected to all the key features not only in the car but also to your smart home appliances via the Alexa’s Car to Home functionality.
Elevated Performance and Drivability
The New Safari comes with Powerful 2.0L Kryotec Diesel engine mated with 6 speed Automatic and manual Transmission to deliver a sporty performance that redefines the driving experience. The engine and transmission calibration has been tested rigorously for miles to ensure that every customer gets a smooth and sporty driving experience in their Safari. It also comes with Terrain response modes (Normal, Rough & wet) and Multi Drive Modes (Eco, City & Sports) to deliver those driving moments as desired. The Electronic power steering with Regular and Sports Mode mated to the Drive Modes enhanced manoeuvrability to a great level. Additionally, the suspension has been completely retuned to enhance the ride comfort further, to cater to Indian Driving conditions. The acoustic isolation from exterior noise has been improved to provide a refined and quieter in-cabin experience. The first in class E-Shifter helps in switching between the drive scenarios quickly and at a touch of your finger tip. The ergonomically placed Paddle shifters add further to the great driving experience and aid in changing gears on the ply with ease.
Prepare to redefine indulgence with the new Safari, offering a plethora of comfort features. These include a powered tailgate with gesture opening, dual-zone in addition to a standard fully automatic temperature control across variants, powered and ventilated driver and co-driver seats with electric boss mode, a voice-assisted panoramic sunroof, multi mood lighting, winged comfort head restraints in the second row, sunshades for the second row, a 45W C-Type fast charger, a wireless charger, an air purifier with AQI display and much more.
2023 Tata Safari Price:
- Smart: INR 16.19 Lakh
- Pure: INR 17.69 Lakh
- Pure+: INR 19.39 Lakh
- Adventure: INR 20.99 Lakh
- Adventure+: INR 22.49 Lakh
- Accomplished: INR 23.99 Lakh
- Accomplished+: INR 25.49 Lakh
Starts at INR 20.69 Lakh available in Pure+, Adventure+, Accomplished and Accomplished+
Starts at INR 20.69 Lakh available in Pure+, Adventure+, Accomplished and Accomplished+
All prices are ex-showroom.
2023 Tata Safari Specifications:
|4668 x 1922 x 1795 (width without ORVM)
|Wheel base (mm)
|235/65/R17 Alloys; 235/60/R18 Alloys; 245/55/R19 Alloys
|Kryotec 2.0 L Turbocharged Engine
|6 Speed AT / 6 Speed MT
|BS6 PH2 Diesel
|125 kW (170 PS) @ 3750 rpm
|350 Nm at 1750-2500 rpm
|Terrain response Modes
|Normal, Rough & Wet
|Eco, City & Sport
|Independent, Lower Wishbone, McPherson Strut with Coil Spring & Anti Roll Bar
|Semi Independent Twist Blade with Panhard Rod & Coil Spring
|Fuel Tank capacity
|Front – Disc, Rear – Disc
|Boot Space (with 3rd row folded) (Litres)
|420 (as per ISO V211), 680 (as per ISO V215)
|Boot Space (with 2nd and 3rd row folded) (Litres)
|827 (as per ISO V212), 1550 (as per ISO V214)