BMW has unveiled it’s latest offering the X2, a Sports Activity Coupe which will make its market premiere in March 2018. The new 2018 BMW X2 has been designed for the young and young-at-heart target group from urban areas who lead an active life and are fully connected with the digital world.
2018 BMW X2 Images:
The BMW X2 will be available in three trim levels – Basic, M Sport and for the first time, M Sport X variant. It has a distinctive character and fuses the rugged profile which is typical of a BMW X model with the sporting grace of a coupe. The Sports Activity Coupe is based on the BMW X1. It is shorter and more than seven centimeters lower than the BMW X1 yet has the same wheelbase.
BMW cars are known for their kidney grille but on the BMW X2 it has been turned upside down. It is now wider at its base than at its top. The X2 is the first modern BMW to feature this design cue. It gives the new car a broader and sportier appearance.
Another distinct feature of the BMW X2 is the use of the BMW roundel on the C-pillars which is a first for a BMW X model. This design cue has been adopted from the much-admired classic BMW coupes such as the 2000 CS and 3.0 CSL.
Other signature details include squared-off wheel arches which can house rim sizes up to 20 inches, striking exhaust tailpipes and accentuated side skirts. The car also possesses an elegant coupe-like roofline, slick lines and slim window graphic.
The BMW X2 features optional Full-LED headlights with familiar twin circular elements including LED daytime driving lights. The placement of the fog lamps create the characteristic six-eyed face of the X family and which make the car instantly recognizable. The LED rear lights represent a symbiosis of the T-shape lighting contour shared by other BMW X models and the L shape familiar from BMW coupes.
The interior of the BMW X2 blends the signature elements of the brand with the understated ruggedness of a BMW X model. The instrument panel has contrast stitching and decorative stitching as standard. The center console features materials including Sensatec with contrast stitching.
The BMW X2 also gets optional lighting package which allows the drivers to set the mood for the interior by choosing from the colours Orange, Lilac, Mint, Bronze, Blue and White. Also, avaibale as an option is the panoramic roof which further adds to the sense of spaciousness inside.
The BMW X2 Sports Activity Coupe is powered by the BMW TwinPower Turbo engines. Initially, at the time of its launch, the X2 will be available with three engine variants – BMW X2 sDrive20i petrol model with 192 hp, X2 xDrive20d diesel variant with 190 hp and X2 xDrive25d diesel with 231 hp.
Both the diesel variants come as standard with xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive and the eight-speed Steptronic transmission. The petrol model is fitted with the sporty seven-speed Steptronic dual-clutch transmission. At a later date, the BMW X2 will be offered with three-cylinder X2 sDrive18i and the four-cylinder X2 xDrive20i, X2 sDrive18d and X2 xDrive18d.
BMW X2 is equipped with a sporty suspension that transfers the fine agility and dynamics of the drivetrain to the road. The M Sport and M Sport X models come as standard with M Sport suspension which get firmer spring and damper settings and a lowered ride height. The optional Dynamic Damper Control allows the suspension settings to be tailored as per the driver’s preference.
The BMW X2 is equipped with the Driving Experience Control switch which enables the driver to choose between Comfort, Eco Pro and Sport mode. The car also features BMW Connected and BMW ConnectedDrive Services along with an optional full-colour BMW Head-Up Display.
The BMW X2 also offers customers cutting-edge technologies when it comes to driver assistance systems. The optional Driving Assistant includes Lane Departure Warning, Speed Limit Info with No Passing Info display, High Beam Assistant, Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking function. In addition to these functions, the Driving Assistant Plus line-up also features the Active Cruise Control system with Stop and Go function, Traffic Jam Assistant, Park Distance Control and Parking Assistant.
2018 BMW X2 Basic Highlights:
- Exterior colours: The BMW X2 comes in a Black non-metallic paint finish as standard. Nine further exterior colours are optionally available, including the new Galvanic Gold metallic finish.
- Wheels: The Sports Activity Coupe rides as standard on 17-inch style 560 wheels. The list of optional extras includes two more 17-inch designs, three in an 18-inch format and the 19-inch style 511 rim.
- Upholstery: The interior is upholstered as standard in Grid cloth Anthracite. Options include Race cloth Anthracite with contrast stitching, and four shades of Dakota leather with coordinated contrast stitching and part-perforation, including the sensational new Dakota leather Magma Red.
- Trim finishers: Trim finishers in Oxide Silver Dark with a High-gloss Black accent strip are fitted as standard. Four further trim finishers are available as an option with accent strips in Pearl-effect Chrome and contour lighting in the door trim.
2018 BMW X2 M Sport Highlights:
- Exterior colours: The standard exterior colour for the BMW X2 M Sport is Alpine White non-metallic. Five more exterior paint finishes are optionally available, including the new, Misano Blue metallic – which is exclusive to the BMW X2 M Sport and M Sport X.
- Wheels: This model comes as standard with large 19-inch style 715 M wheels. But there is also the option of 20-inch 716 M wheels.
- Upholstery: The Micro Hexagon fabric Anthracite/Alcantara combination with M piping and contrast stitching in Blue used for the cabin of the BMW X2 M Sport. An array of other upholstery options let every BMW X2 owner tailor the interior to their personal preferences. The Dakota leather Black variant with M piping and blue contrast stitching is only available for the BMW X2 M Sport and M Sport X.
- Trim finishers: BMW X2 M Sport drivers have a wide choice here, starting with the standard Aluminium Hexagon trim finisher with an accent strip in matt blue. Five more trim finishers can be selected as options, all of which come with a coordinated accent strip as well as contour lighting in the door trim.
2018 BMW X2 M Sport X Highlights:
- Exterior colours: The standard exterior colour for the BMW X2 M Sport X is Alpine White non-metallic, against which the wraparound signature shade Frozen Grey produces a stunning visual contrast. Seven more exterior colours are available as an option, including the Galvanic Gold metallic finish.
- Wheels: The 19-inch style 722 M wheels fitted on the BMW X2 M Sport X as standard are exclusive to this X2 model variant. Also available as an option are the 20-inch wheels in style 717 M.
- Upholstery: This variant gets Micro Hexagon fabric/Alcantara Anthracite combination with M piping and contrast stitching in Yellow. A large number of other upholstery options, including four Dakota leather variants, allow the customer to customise the interior as they please. The Dakota leather Black upholstery with M piping and blue contrast stitching is only available in the M Sport X and M Sport models.
- Trim finishers: The new Aluminium Hexagon Anthracite trim finisher with an accent strip in Pearl-effect Chrome can be specified for both the BMW X2 M Sport X and X2 M Sport. Five further trim finishers are optionally available and all include an accent strip that matches the specific trim finisher, as well as contour lighting in the door trim.