Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.) has announced an industry first initiative in the automotive retail space with the launch of its Bring the Showroom Home concept. This is a unique initiative wherein a customer would get a 360 degree, all-encompassing and immersive virtual showroom experience.
Can’t see the video here? Head to Autobics YouTube Channel
Bring the Showroom Home is possible with a portable, mobile based, interactive Virtual Reality experience. It is part of a series of initiatives under Mahindra’s Digital Transformation Strategy.
Through an immersive technology experience, the customer can co-create and identify his Mahindra vehicle with any specification, in the convenience and comfort of his home as well as involve his family in the decision making process. Bring the Showroom Home platform will have 3 salient features of Virtual showroom, Self-explore and Make my SUV which will enable customers to experience the vehicle of their choice, in its entirety.
The Bring the Showroom Home platform will allow customers to research a new vehicle by enabling them to view the vehicle in a virtual showroom, in city or off-road environments. At the pre-purchase phase, it will feature a 360-degree voice assisted virtual reality (VR) experience powered by state-of-the-art Samsung VR Gears. All of these can be experienced from the comfort of the customer’s home without compelling him/her to visit the showroom.
“At Mahindra we have always been at the forefront of disruption with the customer at the epicentre. Hence we reimagined the whole customer purchase experience by embarking on a digital transformation journey for an end-to-end solution from the pre-purchase stage to the post-purchase ownership phase. These include industry-first initiatives such as SYOUV and With You Hamesha, in addition to our multiple tie-ups with portals for online booking of our vehicles. Now, we are ready to take this disruption to the next level by changing the way automotive retail is perceived in India. Bring the Showroom Home is one such industry first immersive experience,” commented Veejay Nakra, Chief of Sales & Marketing – Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
“In India, where vehicle purchase decision is mostly influenced by the family, Bring the Showroom Home will get the showroom closer to our customers and their families. After all, we want to take customer experience to the next level through convenient, transparent and personalised services at every step,” further added Mr. Nakra.
Pre-Purchase Stage – SYOUV:
Mahindra is also redefining auto pre-purchase stage with the introduction of Mahindra SYOUV platform. The Platform integrates the virtual world with the real world and is the core offering under the pre-purchase phase. A robust backend mechanism has been put in place to ensure superlative customer experience.
Key features of SYOUV platform are as follows:
- Dealer Stock Availability: The user gets complete transparency of the stock at dealerships in his vicinity. In case a stock is not currently available, the user can view the estimated next availability date for the selected stock at a particular dealership of his/her choice.
- Collaborative Exploration (CE): Co-create your SUV with friends/family online
- Talk to Our Expert (TTE): Connect with a Mahindra expert either through chat, audio call or video call.
- Compare Cars: Compare your prospective Mahindra SUV with other market-leading SUVs. A key feature of the platform is photo compare which is not available on other platforms.
- Finance & Insurance: The user gets to browse several finance and insurance options offered by leading banks and insurers. Basis their selection, they can request a quote from the bank or insurer.
- Test Drive – Anytime, Anywhere: The user has the option to browse available slots online and block a slot for a test drive. He can also track the TD vehicle coming to his location on google maps.
- Book Your Customized SUV Online: The user can book an SUV online and also add accessories available for the selected variant. He also has the option of selecting a vehicle model, variant, colour as well as view prices and available offers/schemes online.
In the next phase of SYOUV, Mahindra plans to include on-road price, online order tracking, deal maker and several other differentiating features. SYOUV is a one-stop destination for Mahindra in the pre-sales phase of the auto-purchase journey which promises three customer benefits – Transparent, Personalized and Convenient.
Purchase Stage – Online Booking:
Mahindra has tied up with several key auto portals for sales of its automotive products, thereby providing customers with the convenience to book their vehicles anytime, anywhere. The company has tied up with Cardekho, Carwale, IBB, Car&Bike and M2ALL.
Under the digital initiatives for enabling sales, Mahindra has also installed tablets and kiosks across most of its dealer network. Meant to assist customers in making suitable buying decisions, these gadgets offer realistic visual depictions of Mahindra vehicles, with various options related to accessories, colours etc.
Post Purchase Stage – With You Hamesha :
The new generation With You Hamesha platform provides class-leading customer convenience in the ownership phase.
With you Hamesha (WYH) is Mahindra’s digital platform for its existing customers and aims to sustain their satisfaction levels by constantly offering various online services. The platform has undergone a complete digital transformation and offers a customized and convenient experience with a whole lot of transparency.
WYH is a versatile platform that offers a range of services, including:
- Convenient Service Booking: Convenient service booking facility from anywhere as per required date and time slot (Like Book My Show), with a facility of creating own e-jobcard and get cost estimate (for scheduled services)
- Smart Notifications: Service reminders and RSA/extended warranty/PUC/Insurance renewal reminders
- Instant Chat: chat with our executives to address customer’s queries
- SOS: SOS button for raising assistance request with location capturing facility
- RM Video Call: Video call with the relationship manager to get updates on vehicle service and other queries (Available for XUV & Rexton)
- Online Payment: Online payment facility with all credit/debit card and wallets
In the next phase of WYH, the company plans to include Driver tracking, Breakdown Van Tracking and Vehicle tracking in the workshop and many differentiating features.