BMW Motorrad India has launched the new BMW R nineT Racer in the country at the 2017 India Bike Week. The retro café racer motorcycle lets its customers relive the era of legendary superbikes of the 70s. The bike is brought to India via the CBU route and deliveries are expected to begin in December 2017.
The BMW R nineT Racer is unmistakeably a continuation of the BMW Motorrad motor sport legacy. It is a genuine single-seater motorcycle which was designed to take the racing line at speed. The bike features a half-shell fairing which offers effective protection from the wind and reminds of the legendary BMWs of the 1970s.
The distinctive tank and the seat shape give the bike a slim silhouette. It gets a low, sporty seating position thanks to the long wheelbase, far back footrests and the low-slung handlebars which are positioned far to the front. The bodywork in white paint clearly stands out against black mechanical parts. It also gets racing stripes in the BMW Motorsport colours which run from the front to the rear.
Power for the BMW R nineT Racer comes from the Euro-4 compliant 1170 cc air-cooled, two-cylinder boxer engine which churns out 110 PS of power and 116 Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox which sends the power to the rear wheel via a shaft drive.
The café racer is equipped with ABS as standard and comes with optional ASC (automatic stability control) which prevents the rear wheel from spinning and ensures more efficient power transmission.
BMW R nineT Racer Images:
Customers can also personalize their BMW R nineT Racer by opting from a range of stylish, partially hand-crafted accessories. A retrofittable rear frame can be added to carry a passenger as well.
The custom range of optional equipment available from the factory contains, among other things two aluminium tanks and spoked wheels. The customer can further choose from original BMW Motorrad accessories such as HP carbon parts or an HP sports silencer. The R nineT Racer is also optimally prepared for specially manufactured mounted parts, such as the new Machined parts.
BMW R nineT Racer Price:
The BMW cafe racer bike is priced at INR 17.3 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
BMW R nineT Racer Engine/Drive:
- Air/oil-cooled, four-stroke twin-cylinder boxer engine with balance shaft
- DOHC cylinder head with four radial valves
- Capacity: 1170 cc
- Max. Output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. Torque: 116 Nm at 6,000 rpm
- Digital engine management with overrun cut-off and electronic intake pipe fuel injection; twin-spark ignition
- Regulated three-way catalytic converter with oxygen sensor; AC filter
- Two-in-one stainless steel exhaust system
- Magnesium cylinder head covers
- Six-speed helical synchromesh gearbox
- Shaft drive
- Compliant with Euro 4 emission standard
BMW R nineT Racer Dimension & Weight:
- Length: 2105 mm
- Height including mirrors / (width including mirrors): 1105 mm / (920 mm)
- Wheelbase: 1491 mm
- Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready: 220 kg
- Max. Permitted weight: 430 kg
- Max. Load (with standard equipment): 210 kg
- Tank Capacity: 17 L
BMW R nineT Racer Chassis:
- BMW Motorrad ABS
- Telescopic fork, front (diameter 43 mm, travel 125 mm)
- Die-cast aluminium single swing-arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever, rear (travel 120 mm)
- central spring strut, spring pre-load continuously adjustable via hook wrench
- continuously adjustable rebound damping
- Double disc brakes in front with four-piston fixed callipers (diameter 320 mm)
- Single disc brake with double-piston floating calliper, rear (diameter 265 mm)
- Handlebar halves in low race position
- 5-spoke cast aluminium wheels (120/70 ZR 17 front, 180/55 ZR 17 rear)
- Side stands with cut-out switch
For more information refer the brochure attached.