Mercedes-Benz, India’s leading luxury car manufacturer has further cemented its strong presence in the performance segment, by launching two new AMGs, the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 and the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC in the country.
Both the vehicles have been launched as part of the celebration of 50 years of AMG and are the 6th and 7th AMG product to be launched out of 12 products in 2017. The Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 and the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC come with a host of new features which embody dynamism, sportiness, exceptional driving performance and agility.
Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 Price:
AMG CLA 45: INR 75.20 Lakh onwards and the
AMG CLA 45 Aero Edition: INR 77.69 Lakh onwards
The Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 Price:
AMG GLA 45 4MATIC: INR 77.85 Lakh onwards
AMG GLA 45 Aero Edition: INR 80.67 Lakh onwards
All prices are ex-showroom, India.
“Performance car segment in India is fast evolving and hence product innovation becomes crucial to outpace the industry growth. Driving performance remains the key essence of our renowned sub-brand Mercedes-AMG and we lead the performance segment in India by a wide margin. As a part of our global celebrations of 50 Years of AMG, we are glad to launch seven AMGs this year and end the year with the introduction of these two sensational young products from our diverse portfolio. These alluring and radical products appeal to those, who believe in ultimate driving performance, everyday practicality and unmatched luxury appointments. We are committed towards providing the best of our global AMG products to our Indian customers and continue leading in this segment,” commented Roland Folger – Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India on the launch of the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 and the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC in the country.
“With our AMG 45 range, we provide our customers a product that embodies the motorsport DNA while adding the practicality of everyday use. Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 and GLA 45 4MATIC have been modified keeping in mind the changing Indian market sentiments and to suit the young generation’s requirements. We are confident that these new exciting products would create a stronger fan following for AMG in India,” further added Mr. Folger
Both the AMG models boast of the most powerful four-cylinder series production engine in the world. Powering the CLA 45 and the GLA 45 4MATIC is the 2.0-litre 4 cylinder turbo engine that produces 380PS and 475Nm of torque. The Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 can reach 0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds while the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC can do the same in 4.4 seconds. Top speed for both cars is limited to 250 km/h.
Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 Highlights:
- Features the revised AMG front apron with new A-wing design and louvers in the outer air intakes along with the new front splitter
- The AMG rear apron with diffuser insert in a new design and four vertical diffuser round off the powerful AMG design
- AMG radiator grille with twin louver finished in silver chrome, LED High-performance headlamps, AMG E-SELECT selector lever and master key with AMG emblem as standard equipment
- Dashboard and beltlines in ARTICO man-made leather including red contrasting topstitching
- Improved aerodynamics by the redesigned spoiler lip on the rear and the new spoiler lip beneath the front splitter ensuring additional driving stability in the high speed range | Cd value has been reduced by 0.02 points to 0.30
Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 4MATIC Aero Edition:
The Aero Edition also expressive design elements featuring accentuating yellow decals and AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey combined with the AMG Night Package in select exterior paints creating a spectacular effect. Yellow highlights are along the side sill panels, diffusor and rear bumper, as well as the mirror housings.
Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC Highlights:
- Expressive dynamism with up-to-date AMG design idiom: Redesigned front apron and striking louvers in the three air intakes
- Front splitter insert in silver chrome and flics in high-gloss black for optimized cooling airflow
- The hallmark AMG “twin-blade” radiator grille in silver chrome finish to reinforce the recognition effect
- New AMG spoiler lip – further improves the aerodynamics, reduces lift at the rear axle, ensures additional driving stability
- The dashboard is finished in ARTICO man-made leather with red topstitching for an exclusive look
- The Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 will also be available in a special designo MAGNO paint finish as an option. The designo magno paint finishes combine metallic paintwork with a silk matt finish. It is a paintwork with high-quality special-effect pigments that lend the vehicle an individual character.
Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 4MATIC Aero Edition:
The Aero Edition also expressive design elements featuring accentuating yellow decals and AMG sports stripes in matt graphite grey combined with the AMG Night Package in select exterior paints creating a spectacular effect. Yellow highlights are along the side sill panels, diffusor and rear bumper, as well as the mirror housings