Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India‘s leading SUV manufacturer, today launched a refreshed version of its highly popular Scorpio SUV. The new Mahindra Scorpio comes with enhanced performance and revised styling.
2017 Mahindra Scorpio Price:
Scorpio S3: INR 9,74,083/-
Scorpio S5: INR 11,22,557/-
Scorpio S7 (120): INR 12,34,084/-
Scorpio S7 (140): INR 12,64,084/-
Scorpio S11: INR 14,34,337/-
Scorpio S11 4WD: INR 15,56,199/-
All prices are ex-showroom Mumbai.
“The Scorpio has pushed the boundaries for Mahindra and created new benchmarks for others ever since its launch in 2002. To see the Scorpio become the pride of over 6 lakh customers is a matter of pride. Today as we launch the New All Powerful Scorpio, we have further enhanced its on road presence while retaining its core DNA of power, thrill and adventure. I firmly believe that the consumers will find the New All Powerful Scorpio a perfect companion for their thrilling and adventurous journeys,” said Rajan Wadhera, President – Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
The mHawk engine powering the Mahindra Scorpio has been enhanced to deliver higher power of 140 bhp and more torque of 320 Nm. It is equipped with the new 6th generation Borg Warner Turbo Charger. The SUV also get an all-new easy shift 6-Speed Transmission and is available as a 4WD model as well.
Mahindra says that new Scorpio is more refined and produces lesser NVH to ensure a quieter cabin. Its new latest generation braking system with 9.1 Bosch ABS system offers enhanced high-speed braking performance and improved brake feel.
2017 Mahindra Scorpio Images:
The 140 hp engine is available only on the S7 and S11 trim level. The Scorpio is also available with the 120 hp engine in the S5 and S7 trim which is mated with a 5-speed manual transmission. The base S3 variant is equipped with the 2.5L m2DICR motor which is coupled to the 5-speed manual gearbox.
The looks of 2017 Mahindra Scorpio has been revised and it now features an imposing front grille with chrome inserts along with new ORVMs with integrated side turn indicators and stylish fog lamps with a chrome bezel. The SUV also gets new sleek red lens LED tail lamps and clear lens turn indicators along with bold chrome highlights in the headlamps.
Additionally, the refreshed Scorpio gets new muscular alloy wheels, revised tailgate with chrome applique and an aeroblade wiper. The footstep on the rear bumper has been redesigned. The SUV also gets new skid plate, new upper and lower grille mesh design along with new look air extractors.
Inside, the new Mahindra Scorpio gets faux leather seats with faux leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear lever. It also comes with a new roof-mounted sunglass holder and a mobile holder slot and bigger cubbyholes.
2017 Mahindra Scorpio Colours:
The new Scorpio is available in 5 attractive colours –Diamond White (Except S11), Napoli Black, DSat Silver, Molten Red and new premium Pearl White which is exclusively for the S11 variant.
2017 Mahindra Scorpio New Styling Features:
- New imposing front grille with chrome inserts
- New muscular alloy wheels
- New ORVMs with integrated side turn indicators
- New stylish fog lamps with a chrome bezel
- New impressive tailgate with chrome applique and an aeroblade wiper
- New sleek red lens LED tail lamps
- New redesigned footstep on the rear bumper
- New clear lens turn indicators and bold chrome highlights in the headlamps
- New skid plate
- New upper and lower grille mesh design
- New look air extractors
2017 Mahindra Scorpio New Interior Features:
- New plush faux leather seats with faux leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear lever
- New roof mounted sunglass holder
- New mobile holder slot and bigger cubbyholes
2017 Mahindra Scorpio Features:
- New reverse parking camera with dynamic assist
- New 1-touch lane change indicator
- New auto window roll-up
- Projector headlamps with static bending technology and LED eyebrows
- 6-inch touch screen infotainment with Bluetooth/ CD/ DVD/ USB/ Aux
- GPS navigation in 10 languages
- Driver information system
- Steering mounted audio & cruise controls
- Cushion suspension & anti-roll technology
- Shift-on-the-fly 4WD system
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs
- Micro-hybrid technology
- Rain and light sensors
- Gear shift indicator
- Voice assist system
2017 Mahindra Scorpio Safety Features:
- Dual Airbags (Passenger + Driver)
- Panic brake indication
- Collapsible steering column & side intrusion beams
- Engine immobilizer
- Anti-theft warning
- Seat belt reminder lamp
- Speed alert
- Auto door lock while driving